Bar ManagerApply now
Bar Manager – 4 Star Hotel Cork
Choice People on behalf of Our Client are recruiting for a Bar Manager with strong food and beverage management experience to join the team of this newly refurbished bar in Cork.
After an extensive refurbishment we are looking for an experienced, standards-driven, energetic and passionate Bar Manager to manage and run this beautiful refurbished and rebranded Bar & Bistro.
The successful candidate must have previous experience, have excellent knowledge of the industry and must demonstrate excellent leadership skills. If you think, you can drive revenue and take the new bar to the next level, we would love to meet you.
The Bar Manager will report to the General Manager and the Operations Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To oversee the efficient running of Bar & Bistro and the function bars to include but not limited to: service standards, team management, rostering, training, ordering and stock control, and GP margin achievement;
- To ensure that the bar team consistently deliver exceptional friendly service, to every guest, in line with the company’s customer service program;
- To ensure that the bar is adequately resourced and that the team are effectively trained to deliver exceptional service at all times to the expected company standards;
- Adopt a ‘hands on’ approach to ensure efficient service provision working closely with the bar team and the kitchen team. The bar manager will be expected to be on the floor leading, directing and delegating during busy times;
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of the bar with total responsibility for the achievement of targeted wage percentages and GP margins;
- Ensure the consistent delivery of departmental SOP’s, updating and improving as necessary;
- Ensure that the highest levels of hygiene are maintained in the bar and that the bar is compliant with all best practice Health and Safety requirements.
- To carry out ad hoc Duty Management shifts, if required
- Have 5 years’ experience managing a bar that served both food and beverage. Experience managing a hotel bar would be a distinct advantage.
- Have 5 years’ experience leading a team;
- Have good financial acumen and 5 years’ experience managing rosters, wages, stock and margins;
- Are passionate and motivated by guest satisfaction;
- Are organised and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Are a team player;
Are you a strong Bar Manager who wants to put their stamp on something brand new and enjoys building a team and providing excellent customer service? If so then we would like to hear from you.
Please send your updated CV in confidence.