Job Title: Electrical Maintenance Technician (Shift)
Role Purpose: Carry out planned and unplanned maintenance on site machinery/equipment and contribute to plant improvements and increased efficiencies in a 24/7 highly automated plant –
Accountable to: Maintenance Manager
Machine Improvement & Increased Efficiency
- Proactively identify and resolve problems prior to them impacting performance and reliability
- Assist in group problem solving in conjunction with the Production Department
- Provide support to the Production team on equipment breakdowns
- Act to identify new opportunities to improve machine performance and reliability and via design, effect improvements efficiencies, troubleshooting engineering problems
- Identify resource requirements from planned preventative maintenance schedules, and ensure effective utilisation of resources in accordance with department budgets
- Assist in the development of the preventative maintenance programme and routines within Computer Maintenance Management System
- Work closely with projects to improve operational performance
- Undertake and contribute to projects relating to reduction of energy costs across all areas
- Remain fully conversant with plant operations and processes
- Maintain and upgrade steam distribution, air distribution, water and electrical networks
- Maintain up to date knowledge of technical equipment specification, fault diagnosis and maintenance procedures via technical briefs and equipment manual updates
Health and Safety
- Understand, observe and ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in and ensure that safety work place inspections are completed in accordance with schedule and standards
- Support and promote the development of an effective and pro-active safety culture on site.
- Proactively completes H&S e-learning.
- Following repair / maintenance / installation ensure settings or calibrations are correct and report immediately any conditions that may impinge upon finished product quality
We welcome applications from candidates that met the following criteria.
NQF Level 6 Qualified Electrical Technician .Understanding and be highly proficient in information systems e.g. e-mail, Microsoft Office. Knowledge of CMMS or SAP is an advantage.
Qualified Technician (Electrician) with 3-5 years relevant experience maintaining and repairing a range of equipment in a manufacturing / industrial environment. Preferably in the food / dairy manufacturing or clean room environment.
Working knowledge of manufacturing operations and processes in a highly automated plant.
Knowledge of some of the following; conveyor systems, pumps, motors, augers / extruders, HVAC systems, instrumentation, PLCs, variable speed drives (VSDs), HMIs or SCADA
Skills and Abilities
Excellent communication skills
Ability to apply problem solving techniques and root cause analysis
Organisational and planning skills
Accurate record keeping
Ability to undertake a continental shift work pattern over 7 days, with flexibility for both days and nights.
Electrical Maintenance Preventative Maintenance Mechanical Maintenance
Pension Fund Performance Bonus