Human Resources ManagerApply now
Choice People are currently recruiting for a Head of Human Resources, this position is for an award winning premium property in Leinster.
This full-time, senior position reporting to the General Manager and working collaboratively with the senior management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and developing policies and best practices for the expanding Hotel. They will mentor, develop and support the team. The Head of Human Resources will be responsible for cultural and organisational development, performance management, talent retention and acquisition, HR compliance in the property. We are looking for someone who possesses excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and someone who can communicate effectively. Previous HR experience in a Hotel environment would be an advantage.
- To maintain an efficient HR department in line with Company values
- Recruitment – Liaising with Heads of department to ensure staffing levels are in line with business requirements
- Training – Create an annual Training plan, maintain accurate records, ensure compliance, facilitate in-house training
- Manage the on boarding process for each employee
- Oversee the administration of all New Starts and Leavers ensuring compliance
- Updating and maintenance of all employee files
- Ensure an effective Performance management system is in place across all departments
- Liaise with Heads of department ensuring full compliance with HR policies and procedures
- Ensure Time sheets are processed correctly before submitting to payroll
- Ensure compliance and be familiar with current employment legislation
- Manage the disciplinary and grievance process in a fair and confidential manner
- Management of Absenteeism
- Ensure GDPR compliance
- Health & Safety Officer duties
- HR reporting procedures providing information to all stakeholders in the Hotel
- Co-ordination and administration of employee rewards and benefits.
- Maintenance of HR Systems i.e. Time and Attendance, Recruitment, etc.
- Updating and maintenance of Training logs.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3rd level Qualification in HR/People Management desirable
- 4 years’ previous experience as a HR Manager/Generalist
- Exceptional communicator
- Able to work on own initiative and equally able to work as part of the overall management team