IT Support EngineerApply now
Role: IT Support Engineer / Technician
Location of post: Portlaoise
Choice People are recruiting on behalf of our client for an I.T Support Engineer/Technician. Working as part of a decentralised team, you’ll be responsible for IT support at our site in Portlaoise. You’ll need to be self-driven and proactive in this role as you contribute to the delivery of support, projects and upgrades along with continual service improvements for our factory systems and office environment. You should be familiar with hypervisors & virtualisation, Networking & the Windows Server and Client ecosystems and proficient in user productivity software (O365). Reporting in to the IT Manager based at another site you should be comfortable with weekly reporting and remote collaboration.
Please note: This is a six month fixed term contract
- Provide support for internal users that cannot be resolved by the Global Service Desk.
- Setup and support of IT equipment such as printers, scanners, phones & other peripherals.
- Maintain & troubleshoot Windows desktops, Windows HMIs, laptops & Apple iPhones.
- Liaise with vendors for IT hardware purchasing & support.
- Administer on-prem servers running VMware Virtualization & Windows Servers.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults in a logical and strategic manner
- Carry out IT (Office Environment) & OT (Factory Environment) infrastructure maintenance
- Support of wireless networks across the site.
- Support of a wide range of label printers
- Ability to work well on their own and with other members of the IT team.
- Ensure the role is performed with due regard for the requirements of the Company Equal Opportunities Policy, Bullying and Harassment Policy and other applicable HR policies. Undertake any other duties as considered by the company to be within the scope of the role of the IT Support Technician.
Health and Safety
- Drive and support a positive Health and Safety culture within the department where H&S is given equal priority with all other activities
- Promote the culture of “stop, think, act” within the department.
Qualifications and Training
- Third level qualification in an IT related discipline OR relevant experience an IT Support/Technician/Administration Role
- 2-3 years’ experience in a service support role
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop & Server OS
- Software & Hardware troubleshooting experience
- Strong level of IT literacy
- Knowledge of networks
- Active Directory
- VMWare (or other virtualization) Knowledge
- Driving license required in order to travel to other sites when required