Job Title: Mechanical/Multi Skilled Technician (Shift)
Accountable to: Maintenance Manager
Machine Improvement & Increased Efficiency
- Proactively identify and resolve problems prior to them impacting performance and reliability
- Assist in group problem solving in conjunction with the Production Department
- Provide support to the Production team on equipment breakdowns
- Act to identify new opportunities to improve machine performance and reliability and via design, effect improvements efficiencies, troubleshooting engineering problems
- Identify resource requirements from planned preventative maintenance schedules, and ensure effective utilisation of resources in accordance with department budgets
- Assist in the development of the preventative maintenance programme and routines within Computer Maintenance Management System
- Support operational activities in the Wastewater Treatment Plant, supporting technical staff and ensuring equipment is calibrated and records maintained
- Work closely with projects to improve operational performance of Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Undertake and contribute to projects relating to reduction of energy costs across all areas
- Key members of the site Emergency Response Team (ERT) & Safety Teams
- Remain fully conversant with plant operations and processes
- Maintain and upgrade steam distribution, air distribution, water and electrical networks
- Maintain up to date knowledge of technical equipment specification, fault diagnosis and maintenance procedures via technical briefs and equipment manual updates
- Ensure technical manuals are up to date
Control & Systems
- Facilitate the stock control of engineering stores
- Update machine histories and other maintenance records as work is undertaken
- Following repair / maintenance / installation ensure settings or calibrations are correct and report immediately any conditions that may impinge upon finished product quality
Minimum relevant L6 Qualification in Mechanical Automation/Maintenance Fitter.
Understanding and be highly proficient in information systems e.g. e-mail, Microsoft Office. Knowledge of CMMS or SAP is an advantage.
Qualified Technician (Fitter) with 3-5 years relevant experience maintaining and repairing a range of equipment in a manufacturing / industrial environment. Preferably in the food / dairy manufacturing or clean room environment.
Working knowledge of manufacturing operations and processes in a highly automated plant. Some knowledge of facilities such as waste water treatment processes and advantage.
Knowledge of some of the following; conveyor systems, pumps, motors, augers / extruders, HVAC systems, instrumentation, PLCs, variable speed drives (VSDs), HMIs or SCADA
Skills and Abilities
Excellent communication skills
Ability to apply problem solving techniques and root cause analysis
Organisational and planning skills
Accurate record keeping
Ability to undertake a continental shift work pattern over 7 days, with flexibility for both days and nights.
Pension Fund Performance Bonus