Quality Assurance TechnicianApply now
Choice People are recruiting on behalf of a fully Irish owned, major producer of chilled ready meals based in Dublin.
Job Description Reporting to the Quality Manager the successful candidate will work within the Quality Team to ensure that day to day production operations are conducted in a quality focused way. This will involve meeting deadlines and ensuring both Food Safety and Customer Quality standards are maintained. Responsibilities will include the following:-
- To be a proactive member of the Quality Assurance Team to ensure all products produced in the company comply with all Food safety quality and legislative requirements.
- To work with Shift Supervisors and their team to ensure preparation, portioning and packing of food products is done according to our established standards and customer specifications
- Implementing corrective action programs for any non-conformances raised in the factory and establishing root cause and preventative action.
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of raw materials and products to ensure finished product quality.
- Carrying out product and process validations on each CCP in the factory on an annual basis. Drawing up schedule and managing this to ensure completion.
- Ensuring all production and quality paperwork are filled correctly and comply with all food safety standards and legislation.
- To Carry out calibration checks on equipment in the factory such as temperature probes, data loggers and scales.
- To carry out validations and verifications on processes in the factory crucial to product safety.These include but are not limited to; allergen validations
- cleaning validations, CIP validation, sanitiser tunnel validation and species validation.
- To carry out internal audits such as glass and hard plastic, pre-production, GMP and hygiene audits and any other audits of the quality management system as required.
- To carry out positive release checks such as product tasting and strip analysis, gas level checks, weights, temperatures and full compliance to specification.
- To carry out both manual temperature checks in all monitored areas in the factory and also analysing data logger information to monitor temperatures in the factory, storage and during transport.
- To monitor all procedures being carried out in the factory ensuring they comply to standards and customer and legislative requirements at all times. These procedures include personal hygiene, foreign body control, traceability, sleeve and label control, allergen and species control etc.
- A 3rd level qualification in Food Science or related discipline would be a distinct advantage.
- Candidates must have be available to work a Monday to Sunday shift roster and due to the nature of the business be prepared to work flexible hours.
- Access to own transport will be necessary due to the location of the business.
This is a full time permanent position.
Hours of work: shift work, 6am- 3pm, 3pm-10pm
Current Salary: €33,500