Sous ChefApply now
Choice People are recruiting for a Sous Chef to join an experienced Kitchen Brigade in Co Offaly to assist with Weddings, Fine Dining and all day service offering to a prestigious 4* Hotel property
- Assists the Head Chef in managing the day–to–day operation of all food production and kitchen porter operations with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and practices, staff training, and overseeing the preparation and presentation of a consistent food product which meets guest‘s expectations.
- Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
- Assists the Head Chef in developing training plans, develops training material in accordance with hotel guidelines and implements training plans for the Food Production employees and other Food and Beverage employees
- Assists the Head Chef in developing and maintaining up-dated operations manuals for all Food Production and Kitchen Porter sections
- Assists the Head Chef in developing popular menus offering guests value for money in accordance with hotel guidelines, kitchen ethos & direction and guest feedback
- Conducts and maintains daily briefings and other meetings as needed to obtain optimal results
- Attends and participates to other meetings as required by the administrative calendar in the absence of the Head Chef or where deemed a requirement
- Assists the Head Chef in making recipes and maintaining up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation
- Works with Head Chef in manpower planning and management needs
- Excellent attention to detail required at all times.
- High operating standards
- Good leadership skills and High level of organisation
- Setting goals to grow the business
- Strong understanding of business management
- Ability to train staff to a high level of knowledge and lead the junior chefs in the Kitchen.
- Ability to keep staff motivated
- Ability to assign sections and delegating tasks
- Food cost and stock control knowledge.
- You will be working in a very busy operation delivering high standards of food throughout.
- Must have strong cooking skills and a passion for preparing high quality food using fresh local and seasonal produce.
- You will be responsible for ordering, stock control, kitchen hygiene, scheduling, staff training and team supervision.
- Ability to effectively liaise with manager to ensure quality off food and service delivered is up to standards as well if there are any missing items from menu to bring in staff attention.
- Ability to create new dishes.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a similar standard hotel.